Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kansas City Area WSU Alumni Event Chicken and Pickle — and Shocker Coach Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas City Area WSU Alumni Event Chicken and Pickle — and Shocker Coach Marshall

Hope there's a good turnout for this KC area event next Tuesday.

Come out for great chicken and maybe a game of pickleball — and meet Wichita State’s winningest coach ever: Gregg Marshall.

June 20 - Chicken N Pickle - Kansas City, Mo.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

I'm not sure if the irony is intentional, but it is sure to upset some insecure KU t-shirt fans. I like it.

Comment

Pickle ball is a great game. Wish I lived in the KC area.

Comment

If you go, be sure to say hello to Garrett Stutz, a standout player and an even better human being.
        Last edited by WuShock16; June 13, 2017, 07:34 PM.
        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
          They play it in West Wichita.
          SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
          gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            I'm not sure if the irony is intentional, but it is sure to upset some insecure KU t-shirt fans. I like it.
            Shockernetters too...

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
              Originally posted by ShanShock View Post
              They play it in West Wichita.
              They play it in a number of places in Wichita, both competitive and non. My wife plays in Andover 2 to 3 times a week and I believe they have games 4 or 5 days a week. Several of the Wichita Park Board buildings have it as well as one of the sport complexes.

Comment

What in the heck is pickleball? I saw about 2 minutes of it on CBSSportsTV the other day, a WSU tennis player was on a team. Is it a social, handicapped doubles tennis thing? Is a pickle thrown at the loser? What gives?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                  They play it in a number of places in Wichita, both competitive and non. My wife plays in Andover 2 to 3 times a week and I believe they have games 4 or 5 days a week. Several of the Wichita Park Board buildings have it as well as one of the sport complexes.
                  I like the game a lot, but I always see leagues for senior citizens.... anybody know who has the open leagues?

That place looks awesome though.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    What in the heck is pickleball? I saw about 2 minutes of it on CBSSportsTV the other day, a WSU tennis player was on a team. Is it a social, handicapped doubles tennis thing? Is a pickle thrown at the loser? What gives?
                    😆😆😆
                    SHOCKERS & AWE

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                      I like the game a lot, but I always see leagues for senior citizens.... anybody know who has the open leagues?

That's right!!! They play the game at the senior services locations around town.
                      SHOCKERS & AWE

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post

It's at one of the sports complexes. Maybe the new one in northeast Wichita. I don't know about parks having competitive leagues, but they could.

Comment

There is no "pickle", but a kitchen is involved. :smile-new:

Comment

Fastest growing US sport http://www.nbcnews.com/watch/nightly...a-199360067605

Professional match https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...r=yfp-t-s&tt=b

How to play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgljuzMdSh0

Comment

Working...
                              X